Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back

She held her cup of coffee, before it touched her smile she looked at me with her radiant eyes... Full of joy, "For how long am I going to stay like this? Is it ever going to end?" I said to myself that afternoon. I'm trying hard to get over all this, but I guess it's not enough, may be it's just a matter of time, a year has passed, I know that, " time heals the wounds", I just need more time. But does she have to bear all that with me? She's the first person I go to when I'm down; she's the shoulder I cry on... My best friend. "She has problems too", I remember that night when I broke down, I called her and I started crying, 30 minutes non-stop, she didn't say a word, she was crying too, it was the only thing she could do then, and I felt closer to her more than ever. I have to start pretending again, I need to hide behind that wall; I've always been good at hiding, I prepared my self for a girls night out, just like the ones we used to have before it all started, I chose the perfect outfit, accessories, I used my concealer to hide the bags under my eyes. We met at our favorite café, I looked happier than ever, we laughed , giggled, I hid behind the fake smiles I worked on in front of the mirror before I went out. She took a sip of her coffee, put the cup back on the table, "I'm glad you're back", she said.

No comments: